Swag Bucks Reviews

Category Online
A person using a laptop computer.
Swag Bucks is an online rewards program that earns you points (Swag Bucks) when you shop at selected retailers. This is a guide about swag bucks reviews.

Swag Bucks is a Scam! I love being able to sign up at a site and be rewarded for participating in all of the offers available. It is fun, you meet cool people, and you win prizes. Swag Bucks allows you to search the web, participate in surveys, complete daily polls, find swag codes, and refer friends all the while rewarding you with swagbucks. Swagbucks can then be spent on prizes ($5 Amazon gift card is 450 swagbucks). You can also spend swagbucks on swagstakes (contests). Sounds good so far, huh? Here it comes.

Another way to earn swagbucks is to participate in special offers. These offers may require a purchase or they may be completely free. I participated in several offers. Within the offer description it states that the swagbucks are awarded immediately. I waited 7 days and my account never received credit. I sent a email inquiry and I did not receive a response for two weeks. Once my inquires were addressed, I received lame excuses like, clean out your cookies and remove your browser history. These are not valid reasons why my account did not receive credit. I submitted the email confirmations of the offers and the offer ID numbers to prove the offers were legitimately completed, and still my account has not been properly credited. I have since learned from lots of other members that participate in the site, to stay far away from the special offers because you never receive the swagbucks to your account. This repeated pattern of behavior is fraud.

Swagbucks is a sham. This site receives a nice referral fee from these companies for guiding people to these special offers, but for Swag Bucks to not properly credit accounts for offers that were legitimately completed is foul. Beware of the special offers with Swag Bucks.

Oh, that 450 swagbucks you need to receive a $5 Amazon gift card it is more like 500 to 520 swagbucks to redeem the gift card. If you have 450 the system will not allow you to cash in to receive the gift card. Yeah, this website is foul.

By mg21 from Minneapolis, MN

Top Comment

I have weeded out many of my surveys. So many of them I don't qualify to take the survey after wasting my time to fill out all the preliminary questions. If I don't qualify after 20 attempts. I unsubscribe. The best one I have found is Pinecone research. You get paid $3 per survey except for ones about house hold questions. You get 300 points that you can either save up for products or you can have it sent to your Pay Pal account. 300 points =$3. Sometimes they send to a product to try after the survey. You do a follow up survey and get another $3. And of course you can save up points for a larger Pay Pal payment.

Apologies in advance for the long length. This is just my humble opinion:

I belong to Swagbucks. I still like it for the most part. They used to be be better before they started branching out. They used to give more swagbucks for searching than they do now.

When Swagbucks started getting a little Scrooge-y with the swagbucks awarded for searching I tried doing some of the special offers to make up for it. I only seem to get credit about 40% of the time. It takes quite some time & effort to challenge this*. After sending screenshots of proof and copy & pasting confirmation emails as proof I was told I still did not meet the requirements. What more proof do you want?!!! I have stopped doing the special offers except for watching the videos. Those do seem to credit for me 95% of the time.

There are some shady companies on the offers walls besides. You better be sure to have a good anti-virus, anti-spyware, anti-malware systems on your computer but that goes for any web surfing these days. And be sure to use a separate email address you use only for junk because it will fill up with spam if you do the special offers.

After reading comments on the blog and facebook page I feel Swagbucks is aware of the problems with the special offers walls and yet they choose to do nothing about it. I feel they cheapen the Swagbucks site but apparently they are money makers for them. They are not the only site that has these offers. Many others do to.

The new surveys they offer are the same exact surveys as another company but if you do them through Swagbucks you will only receive half the amount you would if you signed up directly.

I pretty much stick with doing my searches through them, watching the videos, watching out for the special codes and that is it. I get about $20 extra spending money each month from that. I know others make a lot more but that is either with referrals or from signing up for offers you aren't truly interested in or cheating the system but I am not willing to do that.

Perhaps you should try some of the survey sites if you have had it with swagbucks. I do them through several online places. If you want some some recommendations click on my name to send me a message.

(*I do have one outstanding special offer that is still in process of being challenged. If they refuse me my points earned on that I WILL be contacting the BBB.)

I forgot to respond to this part of your message:

"Oh, that 450 swagbucks you need to receive a $5 Amazon gift card it is more like 500 to 520 swagbucks to redeem the gift card. If you have 450 the system will not allow you to cash in to receive the gift card. Yeah, this website is foul."

Are you sure you did not earn some of the special swagbucks from one of their partner sites? Those can only be used on their partner sites, not the regular swagbucks store.

To check: go to the home page, (log in), then click view account next to your name in the upper right. If you have points other than the regular they will show up there. If you have a few points from a partner site you can spend them on the Swagstakes from the regular swagstore but only once your regular points are down to zero. Hope that is not too confusing. If you have any questions click my name and send me a message.

I haven't done any special offers, just the search. So far have received 6, $5 amazon gift certificates with no problem at all. As soon as get 450 pints I cash in.