Selling Items Online

In more recent years selling our unwanted items, crafts, and more online has become a popular practice. This is a page about selling items online.

I have sold a lot of items on the Letgo app. These items were cluttering up my house, attic and garage. Over the last 18 months, I have made almost $6000, getting rid of unwanted items.

I think part of my success is that I take the time to describe the item. I know that sounds pretty obvious, but when I see other seller's posts with no description as to size, brand, model number, etc., I silently wish them luck, as I know it will take them a long time to sell. Plus, Letgo will generate a description, which is not always correct, and I have seen people just leave it that way. For example, I saw a pic of a microwave oven, and it was labeled as a black coffee table.

So, the more detail, the better. And it saves having to respond to people looking for more info. Happy selling!

I have lots of unused stuff at home and I want to sell it for the best price. I know of a few websites like craigslist. I am looking for free classified sites that will list merchandise without having to register.

What is your favorite website that you have used to self stuff, as I want to sell my products at high rates? Please share the list of best free classified sites if you have some according to your selling experience.

Answers

If you're a facebook member, there are a lot of places you could sell your items. Just about every area around you has facebook yard sales and garage sale groups. Just type your town, county and/or state in the search bar to find them.

I starting selling on eBay in November 2003 and have been successful. I tried selling on craigslist and had no success. That old saying, "It costs money to make money." That is very true. I continually banked my eBay earning and saved up enough money and was able to purchase a new vehicle.

You said in your post that you have a lot of unused stuff at home and would like to sell it for the best price. eBay is an online auction site and you won't always get the best price. You will get what people are willing to pay for your items.

I am planning to open up a small scale online home decor store which provides customers wooden plaques with inspirational quotes and few other small home decorations. I would like to know how successful will this business be? And any advice on making it a success?

Answers

Woodspirational

I wish you all the best!! The market is super tough right now and there is not a lot of extra spending money in people's pockets, at least where I am.

That said, when you are online you are open to the world.

That said, when you are open to the world, you are in for customs for international and potential tax issues for the states you sell into.

Since starting a business is super complicated, I strongly recommend finding your local small business development center and starting off on the right foot from day 1. The finder by zip is:

americassbdc.org/.../

They have experts in every kind of business and will get you on track quickly, safely and with all the right tools!! I use their services in my town and they are VERY, VERY, VERY helpful and many of the programs are free or low cost.

Keep me posted on how it goes!! If you dream it you can do it!!!

One thing you might want to do to make it more niche is to allow customization to the plaques and decor. I know if I was looking for something of the sort, that would appeal to me more :) Good luck!

There are few or no fees when selling items on Craigslist, but there are other things you should keep in mind. This page is about selling items on Craigslist.

Photo of Craigslist's website homepage.

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

This is a page about selling on eBay. If you are considering selling on eBay there are some things to consider in order to make it a positive and profitable experience.

eBay Logo

This is a page to selling crafts online. Selling crafts online can be an excellent way to earn some extra income. However, navigating the plethora of ways there are to sell your wares is a difficult task.

Online Shopping

Budget & Finance Making Money Selling OnlineApril 6, 2016
🎃