Starting an Online Home Decor Store

I am planning to open up a small scale online home decor store which provides customers wooden plaques with inspirational quotes and few other small home decorations. I would like to know how successful will this business be? And any advice on making it a success?

Woodspirational

I wish you all the best!! The market is super tough right now and there is not a lot of extra spending money in people's pockets, at least where I am.

That said, when you are online you are open to the world.

That said, when you are open to the world, you are in for customs for international and potential tax issues for the states you sell into.

Since starting a business is super complicated, I strongly recommend finding your local small business development center and starting off on the right foot from day 1. The finder by zip is:

americassbdc.org/.../

They have experts in every kind of business and will get you on track quickly, safely and with all the right tools!! I use their services in my town and they are VERY, VERY, VERY helpful and many of the programs are free or low cost.

Keep me posted on how it goes!! If you dream it you can do it!!!

One thing you might want to do to make it more niche is to allow customization to the plaques and decor. I know if I was looking for something of the sort, that would appeal to me more :) Good luck!