The Benefits Of Filing A Tax Return

Hope this is helpful to someone thinking about not filing a tax return this year. Due to illness one year, my income did not require me to file a tax return. I regretted that decision. There were many times that I was filling out forms and was asked for information off of that year's tax return. Since I did not file, I did not have the information. It was a headache. I promised myself from then on, I would file a return no matter what.

By Ole Lulu from New Baden, IL

Check with your local state tax office (Dept. of Revenue). You might still be able to file, if it hasn't been more than a few years, and you might still be able to claim your rightful refund. They can help you find the forms you'd need for that year.

My sister in law had duel citizenship in Canada & the U.S. Not till she passed away & my hubby was to receive some inheritance money did we know that she'd not paid her taxes to either country in several years. The importance of filing a tax return, despite in what country you're in, is especially important, if not for you, but for your loved ones that will have to do it after you're gone. It took an accounting firm, nearly 1 year to figure out what was owed to both countries governments, & that was before any inheritance money got distributed onto family members, etc.

Fist Full of Dollars
Filing Taxes
Budget & Finance Tax TipsJanuary 11, 2007
ripening rose hips
Health Benefits of Rose Hips
Using VA Benefits
Using VA Benefits
Gifted Money
Paying Taxes on Gifted Money
Packing a Suitcase, Suitcase Ready for Travel
Packing a Suitcase
🎄