Pick Up Litter for Earth Day

For Earth Day (April 22nd) and any day, I would suggest picking up litter. Even if it is just in your yard, every little bit of litter picked up makes a difference.

Picking up litter is great exercise that produces quick results.

By Betty

This is a great idea. Although I no longer use plastic grocery bags, we still manage to accumulate them at our house, I try to reuse these whenever possible. So I always have one on hand for cleaning up with. When my kids play outside or take a walk (they are small, so I am talking about the block around our house) we can fill one of these bags with garbage left on the sidewalks and curbs. It teaches my kids to think of littering as terrible and to see that while they also should never litter, they can pick up after other people, and not feel self conscious, but instead feel as if they have accomplished something.

As one of my former HS classmates would emphasize... picking up litter is a great calorie-burner, too! :D

If you volunteer for your city's Earth Day Cleanup, they'll provide you with tools to make it easier. It's a responsible way to spend a beautiful day!

Earth in Human Hands
Celebrating Earth Day
Better Living Green Living Planet HealthApril 14, 2009
A dog sitting on the grass scratching at fleas.
Using Diatomaceous for Earth Fleas
Green Valentine's Day Ideas, heart shaped leaf
Being Single on Valentine's Day
Cat in Litter Box
Cat Not Using the Litter Box
Cat exiting a litter box.
Cat Litter Mat Reviews