Repairing a GE Top Loading Washer

I have a GE Top load washing machine. The wash, rinse, spin, and 2nd rinse worked fine, but the final spin did not work. When I tried to run the spin by itself, the tub moved a little. I removed the front panel to check things out. The clutch pulley starts to move slowly, then stops.

The axle for the motor is still spinning, but the pulley is not moving. I pulled the pulley thinking it is worn, but after looking around the internet I am wondering if the motor is starting to wear out. Any ideas? I don't want to drop $100 on a new clutch pulley and replace the wrong part.

By DIYSC from Charleston, SC

Answers