Put Ice in Dogs Water in Summer

During the summer, I fill a stainless steel dog dish with water and freeze it in the freezer. Once frozen solid, I turn it over and the ice slides out into my dog's water dish, keeping their water cold for a few hours.

By CaroleeRose from Madison, AL

Right on-learned from my grandpa to put ice cubes in water for dogs-cool-for a while. You're a good caring person for dogs. I'm with ya.

I tried doing this but my dogs and cat all shied away from the floating cubes. So I used your idea and changed it a little. Now I take 2 of their dishes up at night (I keep 3 down) and fill them halfway with water and put them in the freezer overnight. In the morning I pull them out and fill them with water. The frozen ice in the bottom keeps their water ice cold without the floating cubes to make them shy away. They love it this way!

Please read below. This is from vetinfo.com

Ice Water Or Snow

Ice water or snow are not suitable types of water for dogs. Water for dogs can be slightly cool in the summer and room temperature in the winter. Ice water and snow, however, have a different effect on dogs than on humans. Don't give a dog ice water or let him eat snow.

A dog drinking water on a hot day.
Keeping Your Dog Safe in Hot Weather
Pets DogsJune 29, 2010
Keeping Your Windshield Free of Snow and Ice, Man Cleaning Snow and Ice off of Windshield
Keeping Your Windshield Free of Snow and Ice
Valentine's ice cream sandwiches.
Ice Cream Cake Hearts
Refrigerator Ice Maker
Refrigerator Ice Maker Not Getting Water
Removing Ice from Your Windshield, Gloved hand scraping icy windshield.
Removing Ice from Your Windshield
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 15, 2017 at 1:50:45 PM on 10.0.0.57 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.