Product Review: Almay SmartShade Foundation Makeup

I don't know how many people have tried the new SmartShade foundation from Almay, but for once they've created something that actually does what it's supposed to. (For anyone who's never heard of this, it's the foundation that adjusts to your skin tone). It's a little pricey at $10 for one tube, but you only have to use a tiny little bit and it takes all of 30 seconds to put it on which is great for me since I hate having to take time to put makeup on in the morning. Plus, it doesn't even feel like you're wearing makeup. Just thought I'd share that it's definitely worth trying out.

I agree with you I have been using it since it came out, wonderful makeup and so easy to apply.

Ooo thank you for the recoomendation! I have been searching for a while now for a good foundation, i did find one recently only to discover it is now discontinued! Typical.

I will try this one out for sure.

Here's a handy link to the Almay page to tell you more about the make-up.

http://www.almay.com/Pg/Main/CatPro ... &prd=28636&osubnm=Foundation

Thanks so much for sharing with me.

Monique

Somerset, U.K

Thank you for your tip. I held this bottle in my hand

last week and then wondered....and did not buy it

well I will this week! Thank you again for the review.

I agree. I was skeptical about it, but it really does match itself to my skin. This is probably the first time I've ever had a perfect match. It squeezes out of the tube almost white with brownish flecks, but even as you rub it in your fingers, it starts to turn the color of your hands. It's great for a "no-makeup" look, contains SPF 15, and doesn't shine up like most other makeups do on oily skin.

I need moderate coverage, so I apply two thin layers. Seems to work better than one thick layer, which clogs my pores.

As a Clinique user of many years, I can't believe I'm wearing $10 makeup! Better makeup for half the price!

I can NEVER find foundation that works with my skin tone. The Almay stuff WORKS!! I can finally leave the house without a dembarkation line at my jaw!

Thanks for the tip. I also use Clinique and it went up to $19.50 so I'm going to try this. Thanks to one of your feedback writers for the Almay link. I printed $4.00 worth of coupons for their products.

Seems hands down that this product is amazing. What I love about it is, that since is blends in with your skin tone you don't have to apply it to your entire face if you're just covering a few blemishes. LOVE it~

I may try the makeup, but I didn't get the desired results with the blush. I have a fair complextion, and I got the lightest color, but you couldn't even see the blush. So, anyone considering the blush may want to get a darker shade, even if their skin is fair.

I purchased this and immediately had an allergic reaction to it so I tossed it. I must say though that it did match my skintone. Too bad for me!

Wish I had read this before I bought the blush--I love the makeup but also was disappointed with the blush, which I bought in the lightest shade available, so I'm back to using the powder blush. Maybe if the Smart Shade blush is on sale at a good price sometime I'll try the blush in a darker shade but the one I've got now just doesn't do it for me.

I would like to send this back. It came out all grey and is such a mess I will no longer use it. You should see this because it is hard to describe. I liked it at first but cannot understand why the product seemed to "turn bad".

It is supposed to be grey, it changes color when you rub it into your skin.

I hadn't heard of it & always have such a time adjusting my makeup when the seasons change. Really looking forward to trying this now! Thanks for all the comments; looks like it really works for most!

I love it!!! I haven't tried the blush yet though-thanks for the tip on buying the darker shade. This is the best most natural covering foundation I have ever tried and it goes on in less than a minute.

I was wondering how much is a "little" to put on about a Pea size? also do you have to reapply more than once a day, is there anyone with really oily skin that has found this to be of use also? my skin is so oily when I put foundation on it turns almost to a creme on my face :( thank you for reading and/or responding

Any idea how I can get hold of SmartShade in Australia? I've looked at all the links I can find, but it always goes back to the States, and there are no order links. I've heard so much good stuff about this product, and would love to try it.

Regards, Leah (Honto)

I have not purchased this, but now I can't wait to get to the store. If it has been winners for so many, especially in magazines, have to give it a try. It does look odd from the container on the internet.

I tend to use mostly mineral makeup, which I find does not cover my red spots on my face. (broken capillaries) so hope that this does the trick for me.

I just bought this yesterday but it has something in it to balance out oily and dry parts of your skin. I have mostly oily, but I figured it wouldn't hurt! I have tried the smart shade concealer which is awesome. I bought a different foundation, but realized it was too dark for me. I, too usually have been using mineral makeup, but just wanted to try something different since I feel like I need to cover up more.

BTW, the one I bought yesterday came with a FREE tube of the smart shade concealer which is an awesome deal! It was about $7 by itself! Also, the blush is awesome too.

Consumer Advice Product Reviews Bath and BeautyJuly 30, 2007
woman brushing a cat
Product Review: FURminator
Woman Applying Foundation Makeup
Finding Good Inexpensive Foundation Makeup
Cans of different colored paint.
Painting a Concrete Foundation
two young African American women with curly hair
Product Review: S Curl - Curl Activator
🎉
🎄