Removing Food Stains from Tablecloths

Tablecloths do a good job of protecting a dining table. However, in the process they often get covered with food stains. This is a guide about removing food stains from tablecloths.

white tablecloth
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

How do you remove stains from a cotton tablecloth that was washed and stored away for a year? We think it is some kind of food protein. Please help.

Eugene from Newark, OH

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Could anyone tell me what 'BIZ' is and where I can find it? Thanks!

Editor's Note: It is a type of laundry detergent. Here is a link with some information, the company website doesn't seem to be working so the product might be no longer available.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biz_(detergent)

Read More Answers...

How do I remove old set-in stains from restaurant quality table linens?

By Brenda from Wheatfield, IN

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I wash with a cup of white vinegar in the water and then lay the item in the sunshine. Works great on perspiration stains, too.

Read More Answers...

I have tried oxy cleaner, dawn, simple green and I still have food and grease stains on table cloths and napkins. Does anyone have any other ideas?

Tammie from FL

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Goop! Found in any hardware store. Seriously. It's a grease cleaner, works amazing, little bit goes long way.

Read More Answers...

I bought several vintage tablecloths at an estate sale. There are old grease stains and other stains on them. Any ideas how to get them off? Most of the table cloths are cotton.

sandytn from Knoxville, TN

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Sandy,

If you have septic, like we do, you know that you can't use regular bleach. Try handwashing in cold water at the sink and scrubbing the stains with a bar of Ivory Soap. This works so great on my daughter's work shirts at Sonic!

Read More Answers...

How many times has this happened: you're hosting a holiday party or attending one and at dinner someone spills gravy on the tablecloth? Well, now you don't have to panic about it staining. Simply grab for the artificial sweetener Splenda. The fine powder absorbs the oil and keeps the greasy goo from making a permanent stain.

By Janus from Gainesville, GA

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

To get spots from a cloth tablecloth, dab the spots with dish liquid while the cloth is still on the table. Usually we try to do this with the tablecloth off the table, but the spots are hard to find that way. Also, dish liquid is an economical and safe treatment for food stains.

By Carol from Wyoming, PA

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Home and Garden Cleaning LaundryApril 26, 2013
Using a plastic tablecloth as a picnic blanket.
Uses for Plastic Tablecloths
Lace Tablecloth
Removing Grease Stains on a Lace Tablecloth
Dining table with a nice tablecloth.
Saving Money on Tablecloths
Plastic Tablecloth
Caring for Plastic Tablecloths
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on April 1, 2016 at 2:28:18 AM on 10.0.0.73 in 328 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.