Removing a Plate Stuck in Frying Pan

How do you get a plate unstuck from the inside of a frying pan?

By Shasta B.

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

Have you tried putting it in the freezer for a while and then seeing if you can tip it out?

How about putting the bottom part of the pan in some hot water in the sink, and put lot's of ice on top of the plate. Just enough hot water, high enough for the outside of the pan getting hot, but not hot water inside the pan though, and the plate with the ice getting cold.

I think I would have a blunt knife handy and get ready to pry the plate out then, when both are properly heated and chilled at the same time. Heat expands, cold contracts.

Both of these are good ideas. I was going to suggest turning the pan upside down in the sink with a folded towel underneath. Run the hot water over it. This should cause sufficient expansion to cause the plate to drop out onto the towel.

Thank you all for the ideas, my daughter and I tilted the pan and ran hot water over the bottom and eventually the plate slid right out :) Thanks everybody!

Add your voice! Click below to comment on this post or add your answer to this question. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom.

pots and pans stuck together
Separating Dishes that are Stuck Together
Home and Garden Repair Other DishesOctober 10, 2009
Wickker Paper Plate Holders
Using Paper Plate Holders
frying pan birdbath
Making a Birdbath from a Frying Pan
Illustration of two kids in costumes.  A witch and a pirate.
Making a Peter Pan Costume
Large Turkey in Deep Fryer
Deep Frying a Turkey
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on July 8, 2016 at 3:04:03 AM on 10.0.2.51 in 564 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.