Question
Browse>Contests>Ask>Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Reusing Air Cleaner Filters

0 0EmailFollow
Pin It
furnace air filter

Replacing air cleaner filters can get quite expensive or difficult if you have an older model. This is a guide about reusing air cleaner filters.

Solutions: Reusing Air Cleaner Filters

Read and rate the best solutions below by giving them a "thumbs up".

Tip: Reuse Air Cleaner Filters

Hubby has shown me how to re-use air cleaner filters by washing them out in the bathtub. Just let them dry and reuse! (Especially good for older cleaners with hard to replace filters.) Even though they may be made of cardboard, it will dry just fine and will stand being washed several times.

By pamphyila from Los Angeles, CA

Tip: Clean And Reuse Vent Filters

I buy the blue fiberglass air conditioner vent filters. They usual come 4 in a pack for about $2.00. Instead of changing them and throwing them away every 4 months, I vacuum them, reuse them and they are as good as new. Also, I spray a little Lysol on them to keep mold and mildew to a minimum. It works great.

By 1bigmama from South Carolina

Tip: Cleaning Furnace Filters

Do you buy those cheap cardboard furnace/ac filters and replace often throughout the year because they get dusty and dirty?

Even though they are cheap, I find that I can vacuum the dust off the filters carefully and reuse them.

I take the filter out of the furnace and other intake filters and take them to the garage or do the vacuuming on the floor. I use the hose of my vacuum and carefully suck all the dust. Remember not to rub the fine filters too hard. Then place the filter back in just as you found it.

It's best to do this often so as to not have your filter overflowing with dust. I probably check my furnace filters two/three times a year when I want to dust them myself.

Enjoy!

Gail from AZ

Give a "thumbs up" to the solution that worked the best! Do you have a better solution? Click here to share it!