Browsing: Remedies for Chapped Lips

Vaseline for Chapped Lips

For rough, dry, chapped lips there is nothing better or cheaper than just a little Vaseline petroleum jelly applied to them. It takes very little, Vaseline is not expensive, and it lasts a long, long time.

By Robin

Showing: Comments Sort: Relevance

I agree 100% with this idea. My husband likes blistex but after awhile that gets expensive.When you apply the vaseline it does last a long time. Great post.

Chapsticks are formulated to keep you needing it, vaseline is a petroleum product, not the best thing to put on your lips. A natural alternative is to take the natural oil on your nose or forehead and put it on your lips. Think about it, it can't hurt you, it isn't toxic, and it's free. I got this from an article by an alternative doctor. Makes sense to me.

My husband used chapped stick and vaseline and kept having chapped lips. I remembered a friend telling me her husband who is a dr. said that crisco or any other vegetable shortening was the best thing and also cleaned off your makeup and good on dry skin. I scooped out some and put it in a tiny container and now that's all he's using and his chapped lips are improving.

Whoah! It works :D

Chapped Lips
Remedies for Chapped Lips
Health & Beauty BeautyFebruary 2, 2005
Woman With A Cold
Home Remedies for a Chapped Nose
Plain White Lip Balm on Blue Background
Homemade Lip Balm Recipes
Vaseline
Removing Vaseline Stains
Petroleum Jelly
Uses for Petroleum Jelly
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on August 24, 2016 at 8:41:27 AM on 10.0.1.242 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.