Crib Pad Melted in Dryer on Clothes

Hi, I am desperate! A babies crib pad melted in my dryer and the "plastic" stuff is all over everything. I've tried quite a few things to get it off. WD-40, Fantastic, Goo Gone and even paint thinner. All brand new baby clothes... I've been working on and off for two days trying to find something that would work. I've rewashed everything twice now (didn't put anything back into the dryer!) and it's not budging. PLEASE SOMEONE HELP!! Thanks! PS: Do you think a dry-cleaner would have something that would work?

What a mess. Find some old towels that you don't mind using for rags or throwing away. Take each item with the plastic on it and press with a lukewarm iron over the old toweling. Keep picking it up from the item you are working on. It may be too late but try it. Some say you can use a paper bag for spounging but the towels work much better.

i agree with the towels and iron. my idea, time consuming, would be to reheat the clothing (one / two at a time), and then basically rub the plastic into a ball form with your fingers to remove.

Home and Garden Cleaning StainsJune 28, 2004
One side removed making the crib into a day bed for a toddler.
Alternative Uses for a Crib
Photo of an angel craft made form used dryer sheets.
Making Dryer Sheet Angels
bumper pads on stairs
Crafts and Other Uses for Crib Bumper Pads
clothes dryer
Dryer Isn't Drying Clothes