Removing Cat Spray Odor from Sneakers

How do you remove cat spray odor from sneakers?

By History Buff from Grahamsville, NY

Leather or fabric, the sneakers are unwearable as is. Mine are leather. Wash in the washing machine with an old towel or two, using hot water, a tablespoon of detergent, and a cup of white vinegar. Run one entire cycle. Put wet sneakers in the sun to dry. If necessary, repeat. It took doing twice, but now mine don't smell anymore.

Malt vinegar works great

If it's inside the shoe, try sprinkling baking soda and leaving for a day or two to absorb the odor. If on the outside leather of the shoe, try vinegar and water.

Product called Kids N Pets sold at WalMart (at least this is where I buy it.) It works, I got cat urine out of my leather sofa, my beautiful mauve carpet and it works great on a mattress. This stuff is always in my house between two geriatric pets I have. That if one is not having an accident the other is. :)

You can try Urine Gone which I bought at walmart - does the trick. Spray and smell gone.

Febreeze works wonders. If you have a Dollar General near you, the "Febreeze" generic they have works as well as the real one, I think. You may need to do once or twice.

We have had cats for years so I know what you are referring to here. I would suggest going to your nearest Pet Store (or perhaps even your cat's Vet office) and purchase what is made for this very thing.

Just tell the store clerk or the vets office what you are trying to do and they can and will help you. Please do not ever rub an animals nose in the mess that they have made AS this ruins their sense of smell permanently.

Your pet is your companion, treat it as you yourself would like to be treated. Our 5 cats are our furry children now that the children are married and moved away.

Please make an appointment with your vet to have your cat spade or neutered. This will help with them with marking off their territory by spraying. Your cat is just marking your shoes (or you or your smell) by spraying on them so others will know to stay away.

Let us know how "this" turns out for you both; we are after all "your on line family" and we do care for one another in what happens OR at least I do. Good Luck to you and your furry child both!