CarsConsumer Advice

Preventing Your Car From Rolling Over

Category Cars

When driving, if you were to drop off the blacktop and there is no shoulder on the roadway, try not jerk the vehicle back onto the roadway. You'll be better off riding the vehicle off in the direction you were headed, as most chances, you'll cause your vehicle to roll over. It would be better to have a few things wrong with your vehicle than to total it out completely. Be Safe!

By Terri from NV

Anonymous

I learned this one the hard way!! But I was and still am very thankful I was not hurt!

Sometime back going 10-15 miles per hour coming to a stop light behind some other cars on the road I hit a slick oil spot as it was wet with grizzling rain and I hit my brakes to prevent hitting the car in front of me I cut my wheel towards a ditch and slid in riding the sides of the ditch in the direction of my wheel saved me from a complete turn over as it slowed to stop the vehicle gently laid on its side. The only damage done was my side mirror broke. I however was strapped in my vehicle but was able to unbuckle as it turned on its side saving me from any injury. I recommend this even if I was going faster but you may want to leave your belt on it your traveling at a higher speed.