Cleaning Siding

I use Windex outdoor window cleaner to wash my windows on the outside. You know the kind that attaches to the hose and automatically mixes the cleaning liquid in the bottle with the water from the hose. When it is empty I save the dispenser and use it to clean my cedar siding. I fill the empty dispenser with straight Clorox Plus. The mixture that comes out is just strong enough to kill mildew and clean my siding. It actually reaches the second story so no ladder needed. I wait for about 1/2 hour then use the rinse setting which dispenses pure water. It works great.

By Ray from West Palm Beach, FL

I really enjoy using windex to clean the outside of my windows, it really does a super job, it's fantastic. But, I can't seem to find it in any of the stores in my town and the sales help say they never heard of it.

August 7, 2011 Flag

Can anyone suggest the best way to clean the outside of my house which is made of cladding? At the moment it is very, very dirty and we have been told that a pressure washer isn't ideal. It's quite high up especially for someone who is afraid of heights, so if anyone has any ideas please tell me.

By Tina L.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Man Cleaning Wood Siding
Cleaning Wood Siding
Home and Garden Cleaning MiscellaneousNovember 2, 2005
Mold from Growing on House Siding
Keeping Mold from Growing on House Siding
Cleaning Vinyl Siding, A woman scrubbing the siding of her house.
Cleaning Vinyl Siding
Row of holiday trailers in a park.
Cleaning Aluminum Siding
Removing Tar from Clothing, Removing Tar from Upholstery, Removing Tar from Aluminum Siding
Removing Tar from Aluminum Siding
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 23, 2017 at 5:47:23 PM on 10.0.2.145 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.