Preventing Rose of Sharon Seeds from Germinating

I love my Rose of Sharon, but I hate the seedlings that come up everywhere. Is there anything that can be sprayed on the ground that would keep them from germinating?

By cset from Kansas City

I don't know about this particular plant, but they have something called a: "Pre-Seeder Weeder".. It stops seeds from germinating. It's pretty good stuff. Once plants are established, it doesn't hurt them. It lasts quite a while, too.

Why don't you try saving yogurt type containers, and plant your Rose of Sharon seedings in the containers, and put them on Craigslist, or similar. I'm sure you will get .50 or $1 for each. I know that if you were around here, I would be buying a whole bunch of them, since I have a lot of places to plant Rose of Sharon, or hibiscus, and if anyone in the Grand Rapids, MI area, prefer North Kent County, let me know if you have seedlings for them.

Put them into freecycle, and let people dig them out for you, most will agree to make sure that they don't leave a mess for you, and that they bring a trowel and containers for it, and make sure someone is there when the time is available. I've let various people on freecycle who came and got perennials that were too many, or I needed areas cleared out. These are beautiful bushes. If they are bigger, sell them for more. :)

Home and Garden Gardening AdviceJune 23, 2009
Rose of Sharon
Rose of Sharon Not Blooming
Rose of Sharon
Growing Rose of Sharon
Rose of Sharon
Transplanting a Rose of Sharon
Rose hips on rough wood background.
Growing Roses from Seed
🎄
🍂