Health Advice For Dealing With 2 Year Old With Ink On Body & Face

My 2 year old woke up with ink all over his face and body. It seems that he had a broken ink pen in his bed and rolled around on it all night. My biggest worry is it is by his eyes. Can anyone help? Thank you.

Theresa from Rochelle, IL

I went to search for you to see what answers I can find and it seems Rubbing Alcohol (available at Pharmacy's) is the best solution - be careful around the eyes though the vapors may sting.

Here's the link where I went, lots of answers here:

Good luck,

I think you can use Avons skin so soft bath oil to remove it safely he will be well moisturized if it doesn't work...LOL

Any that doesn't come off easily, will just wear off. What is near his eyes will not bother his eyes, so no worries. That's one of those two-year-old moments. Hope you got the picture, please put it up for us!

I once had a 12 year old son's back covered in perm. marker

and it was very dry. His buddy inked him with drawings

and no skin was visible on his back!!! I was ready to

PUMICE the kid, but of course I did no such thing.

I got it all off with babywipes and I added a drop

of rubbing alcohol and baby oil and it came off easy.

The other mom of buddy scrubbed her kid's back with

a wash cloth and soap and most stayed on.

She followed my instructions and got her son

cleaned up....

I really should have taken a photo but I was

FREAKED out....ahhh now he is 18!!!

Well, sounds like you've gotten some good advice here. Gee, the things that happen with kids. I'm surprised that very thing hasn't happened at my house. My son likes to take things to bed with him and sometimes they are sort of odd things, like paper, little cars and such. This reminds me of something that happened to my brother when we were young. He decided to draw a mustashe on his face but didn't know he was using a permanant marker. I had a boyfriend over and I guess he thought he'd be real funny and came running in and said "just call me Jose"....well the joke was on him because the marker did not wash off. My Mom did the best she could to scrub it off but a lot remained and his skin got irritated and red. As I recall, she put some liquid make up on him next day for school to try to hide it.

I know your son didn't do it on purpose but the other story of the two boys that covered their backs with marker reminded me of my rascally brother. He was always up to something like's a wonder he made it to adult-hood!

If the ideas here don't work, I would suggest putting something into search on the internet and see what comes up or you might call your pediatrician's office and ask them what they suggest. I know our kid's Dr's office is always happy to give advice over the phone.

Good luck!

Health & Beauty AdviceSeptember 23, 2007
A Sharpie marker with its lid off.
Removing Permanent Ink (Sharpie) from a CD or DVD
Pen Ink on Skin
Removing Pen Ink from Skin
An ink pen in a blue leather purse.
Removing Ink from Leather