Share Crafts
Ask
Share
Newsletter
Account
About

Removing Residue Inside Crystal Pepper Shaker

0EmailPrintFollowSave

Ground pepper has left a residue on the inside of my Waterford crystal pepper shaker. Help!

By Catherine

Recent AnswersAnswer this Question

By mcw 80 1,752 08/25/2011 Flag

Very simple, use a Q-tip to clean it!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Awzia 2 08/25/2011 Flag

It might be complicated on such a small scale, but I use ice and salt to remove any stains inside of glass (like coffee pots, vases, etc). Crushed ice and some salt swirled around vigorously just might remove it. Best of luck!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

08/26/2011 Flag

I have always filled containers about half way with warm water, then add alot of salt and shake, shake, shake. Being that the pepper shaker is most likely small I would say about a teaspoon or so of salt. Oh, be sure to cover the shaker holes while shaking - LOL ;-)

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By leanne chaisson 44 84 08/26/2011 Flag

Fill halfway with water, add a tsp of bleach and let sit. It won't hurt the glass, and it does clean it. You might have to let it sit for a day or two. If this doesn't work, I use the bottle brush (for baby bottles, you can pick one up at the dollar store).

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes