Removing Residue Inside Crystal Pepper Shaker

Ground pepper has left a residue on the inside of my Waterford crystal pepper shaker. Help!

By Catherine

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

Very simple, use a Q-tip to clean it!

It might be complicated on such a small scale, but I use ice and salt to remove any stains inside of glass (like coffee pots, vases, etc). Crushed ice and some salt swirled around vigorously just might remove it. Best of luck!

I have always filled containers about half way with warm water, then add alot of salt and shake, shake, shake. Being that the pepper shaker is most likely small I would say about a teaspoon or so of salt. Oh, be sure to cover the shaker holes while shaking - LOL ;-)

Fill halfway with water, add a tsp of bleach and let sit. It won't hurt the glass, and it does clean it. You might have to let it sit for a day or two. If this doesn't work, I use the bottle brush (for baby bottles, you can pick one up at the dollar store).

Answer

Home and Garden Cleaning CrystalAugust 25, 2011
salt shaker
Keeping Salt from Clumping in the Shaker
Sugar Shaker
Making a Sugar Shaker
Crystal Chandelier
Making a Crystal Chandelier
Red Wine in Crystal Glass on Black
Cleaning Crystal
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on April 11, 2016 at 9:31:57 PM on 10.0.2.235 in 688 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.