Reuse Glass Candle Containers as Glasses

When I am finished with the small glass containers that candles come in, I wash them in the dish washer and then use them for milk or juice glasses for my toddlers. They are small and easy to hold, and this way I can re-purpose them instead of recycling them.

Source: I saw kids using small jelly jars and thought of this.

By Erin from Blue Bell, PA

Showing: Comments Sort: Relevance

After I burn candles in their containers, I use an old knife and scrape out any wax left that won't burn and thoroughly wash the container. I put a new wick in the larger glass container and add the 'old' wax until it is about 2/3 full, then put it on the 'candle warmer' or ones that are used to keep your coffee warm in an office [was only $2 at WalMart!] and let wax melt completely. Turn off the warmer and add a few drops of essential oil. When the wax has melted, there is more space to repeat the steps again. I do this til the wax is about 2 inches from the top and let it sit for about a week, then light it and enjoy!

Hi, I will try this as candles are not cheap to buy not the nice ones anyway. Many thanks

Comment

Reusing Candle Jars for Spices
Reusing Candle Jars
Better Living Green Living ReusingApril 2, 2009
etched tall water
Glass Etching Craft Projects
Star shaped glass candle holder.
Cleaning Candle Wax from Glass
Woman in Green Shirt Cleaning Glass with Squeege
Cleaning Sliding Glass Doors
Gluing Glass to Glass
Gluing Glass to Glass
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on May 18, 2016 at 3:03:41 PM on 10.0.2.98 in 594 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.