Reuse Glass Candle Containers as Glasses

By erin 3

When I am finished with the small glass containers that candles come in, I wash them in the dish washer and then use them for milk or juice glasses for my toddlers. They are small and easy to hold, and this way I can re-purpose them instead of recycling them.

Source: I saw kids using small jelly jars and thought of this.

By Erin from Blue Bell, PA

Showing: Comments Sort

By Joan 14 122 04/03/2009 Flag

After I burn candles in their containers, I use an old knife and scrape out any wax left that won't burn and thoroughly wash the container. I put a new wick in the larger glass container and add the 'old' wax until it is about 2/3 full, then put it on the 'candle warmer' or ones that are used to keep your coffee warm in an office [was only $2 at WalMart!] and let wax melt completely. Turn off the warmer and add a few drops of essential oil. When the wax has melted, there is more space to repeat the steps again. I do this til the wax is about 2 inches from the top and let it sit for about a week, then light it and enjoy!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By helen 70 81 08/30/2009 Flag

Hi, I will try this as candles are not cheap to buy not the nice ones anyway. Many thanks

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Comment

Better Living Green Living ReusingApril 2, 2009
ThriftyFun on Facebook ThriftyFun on Pinterest Enter a Contest Free Newsletters Ask a Question Share a Post
Star shaped glass candle holder.
Cleaning Candle Wax from Glass
Craft Ideas for Creamer Containers
Crafts Using Single Serving Cream Containers
Reusing Candle Jars for Spices
Reusing Candle Jars
Woman in Green Shirt Cleaning Glass with Squeege
Cleaning Sliding Glass Doors
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 6, 2016 at 2:03:47 AM on 10.0.1.16 in 706 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.

NewestOldestMost HelpfulLeast HelpfulRelevance
Site MenuShare a PostContestsAsk a QuestionAbout ThriftyFun
BrowseAll By DateAll GuidesAll QuestionsAll VideosRecent FeedbackLonely Questions
CategoriesBetter LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness & LegalConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood & RecipesGarage SalesHealth & BeautyHolidays & PartiesHome & GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsTravel & RecreationWeddings