Question
Browse>Contests>Ask>Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Reuse Glass Candle Containers as Glasses

When I am finished with the small glass containers that candles come in, I wash them in the dish washer and then use them for milk or juice glasses for my toddlers. They are small and easy to hold, and this way I can re-purpose them instead of recycling them.

Source: I saw kids using small jelly jars and thought of this.

By Erin from Blue Bell, PA

Feedback Forum

Feedback about this article is posted here. Want to contribute? Click above to post feedback.

By helen [64]08/30/2009

Hi, I will try this as candles are not cheap to buy not the nice ones anyway. Many thanks

By Joan [13]04/03/2009

After I burn candles in their containers, I use an old knife and scrape out any wax left that won't burn and thoroughly wash the container. I put a new wick in the larger glass container and add the 'old' wax until it is about 2/3 full, then put it on the 'candle warmer' or ones that are used to keep your coffee warm in an office [was only $2 at WalMart!] and let wax melt completely. Turn off the warmer and add a few drops of essential oil. When the wax has melted, there is more space to repeat the steps again. I do this til the wax is about 2 inches from the top and let it sit for about a week, then light it and enjoy!

RE: Reuse Glass Candle Containers as Glasses

Post Feedback

Add your voice to the conversation. Click here to share feedback.