Cleaning Out Waste in Dog Kennel

I am setting up a new kennel in the yard for my Sheltie, Blue. How should I keep it clean? Is there a system that can have the waste washed into or do I have to scoop
daily? Any suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks.

Nelwyn from Bunkie

Dogs will go to the bathroom in one spot usually. You just need to scoop it up daily. The dog will only go once or twice a day. I let my dogs roam my fenced yard and I clean up after them. I have 4 dogs. Yours will be a breeze :)

I'm hoping this is for the dog's safety & not to force the dog to live a horrible life stuck in a kennel outside.

I have 3 large dogs in a large kennel my husband built. we put cement bricks on the ground for a floor to keep the mud down. i keep a 5 gal bucket with a lid, lined with plastic garbage bags outside the kennel. i scoop once per day, then put the bag in the trash on trash pick up day. also, i hose out the kennel every two weeks. this keeps the odor down. the dogs have wooden pallets to lay on when the ground is cold. depending on where you live, you have to be careful leaving your dog outside if it's too hot or too cold. if they will sleep out there too, you will need some type of dog house attached for shelter. they need to have fresh water avail at all times. i use aluminum stock pots from dollar general tied to the side of the kennel with a bungee cord so they can't be tipped over. i wash these out weekly and fill daily with a hose and watering can.

that's the most disgusting way of keeping a dog iv ever heard of . sorry. I own a boarding kennel I'm a dog trainer and a groomer. please get educated before suggesting to others. dogs water needs to be cleaned at least once a day. for a start.

If its an ouside kennel, you can just spray it with a hose. or wait until the waste is dried then sweap it. Though the hose works the best!

We offer a wonderful product for cleaning and sanitizing kennels. Please visit our website, http://wysiwash  nnelcleaner.html for additional information and photos. When you decide to order, please use the promotion code 'wysiwashbd' for a $5 discount.

Lab in a kennel.
Cleaning a Dog Kennel
Pets Dogs AdviceMarch 14, 2008
A dog in a kennel at the pound.
Remedies for Kennel Cough
Disposing of Dog Waste
Disposing of Dog Waste
Dog Peeing on Another Dog
Dog Peeing on Another Dog
A small dog in a kennel.
Bedding Ideas for Dog Kennels
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 23, 2017 at 6:20:59 PM on 10.0.0.241 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.