Laser Hair Removal Advice

I was wondering if anyone has had laser hair removal done and how bad it hurt and just how long did it last? I have hair on my chin and am really embarrassed by it I have read that it is not permanent but I am about ready to do it anyway because I am desperate. Also, am I a freak of nature or do more women than I know of have hair on their chin? Any help would be nice. I have to shave my chin twice a day now it is so bad and my skin is too sensitive there to use Nair or wax. Thanks.

Mindy from Washington, IN

Think it happens to a lot of us as we get older. I pluck if it's just a few and have to be careful cause if you pluck one that is not growing it will start to grow then that is the trouble with doing the shave it just caused more to grow. I heard the laser works but takes many times and cost each time. Just make some calls and see if you can get a free consult.

Did not work for me at all. I spent 1500. Had several laser treatments in Texas and more here in Virginia and my facial hair is worse than ever. I currently tweeze every night and shave every morning. Plan on trying electrolysis now!

Hello, Sweetie,

When you used that term freak of nature it reminded me so of my mom! I thought she was the only one who ever said it. Now, on to the hair. Of course you are not a freak of nature...there are tons of women who have facial hair. I always wondered why my grandmother said with a magnifying mirror and a pair of tweezers plucking her chin...now I do the same thing! I don't know which came first though...the course texture or the plucking made it course. Fortunately, I have only a patch that I can keep ahead of. My girlfriend has the electronisis done though. She always blamed her Italian heritage. I remember that before she had it done, she had to put Vit E on it to soften it for a few weeks and not shave it. She hated that part. She said that it did not hurt while they did it but I remember that it made the area pink for a day or so. The hair also has to have color to work. At least that is what she told me as I wanted to have my little white patch done and she said it won't work on white ones. So there is my knowledge all in heresay. It changed her life though so I say, GO FOR IT! It made her feel so much better about herself.

Worked for me! No more hair on my chinny chin chin. Paid about $1,000 in total for about 8 visits. As Muffster said the hair must contain color (not be white) and you can shave but not pluck. There is redness after treatment for a day or so. Those hairs will NEVER grow back. However it's impossible to get all hairs in one treatment. Some hair is dormant. You need to go back when that hair comes to the surface. If you pluck you'll forever be getting treatments because the laser can not reach the plucked off hair roots. You can shave though without any harm. Good luck!

Joanne in South Carolina

Chin hair on women is a hormonal thing, and you are certainly not a "freak of nature".

I use a disposable safety razor to shave the hairs on my chin daily when I shower. If I'm going out in the evening, I may give my chin another "swipe" with a razor just for my own self confidence. I had electrolysis treatments done about 2 years ago, but many hairs either grew back or grew anyway because they were in the "resting" phase of the hair growth cycle. Frankly I won't spend another dime on any hair removal procedures. As I age they are getting lighter and harder to see, and it's easy to control them with the safety razors--I can buy a lot of safety razors for what those treatments cost me!

Did my legs and worked like magic, one treatment and legs are smooth - smooth. Upper legs took 3 treatments. Hair is much much less. Also did underarms. One treatment and 50% of the air was gone. its so light, I dont have to shave now.

Face did not work so well. had about 5 treatment on the face. After 5 treament, only about 50% reduction. Not great but a lot better than electrolysis which i tried before. its painful and may cause scarring and does not work as well as laser.

Hi there. I think all women have this problem as we age. I would think that since you have been using a razor on the area that the skin maybe tough enough now to use a waxing home kit. The wax doesn't have to be super hot to work. It also comes with an anesthetic cream to use afterward. I would try the wax on a day when you don't have to go anywhere that day. My skin doesn't even stay red for more than an hour or two anymore. I'm also finding I don't have to do it as often as I did in the beginning. I would try this again before I spent money on lasers or electrolysis.

Laser Hair Removal
Saving Money on Hair Removal
Health & Beauty Beauty Hair Tips RemovalOctober 29, 2008
A woman with long hair.
Growing Hair Faster
Woman holding a dog in arms.
Removing Pet Hair from Clothing
Up close photo of red, wavy hair.
Homemade Hair Dye Recipes
Sink with hair dye stains
Removing Hair Dye from a Bathroom Sink
🎄