Rust Stain on Linoleum Floor

I have an old linoleum floor in my basement and there's a pretty big rust stain on the floor. What could I use to remove it? I've already tried a few products that are supposed to remove rust, but had no luck. Any ideas? I can't afford to replace the floor.

By Karen from Warren, MI

Try 'Whink' (in a brown bottle at Wal-Mart/most grocery stores, in the section with cleansers, i.e. Comet). Try it on a small area to check for damage to linoleum before using on the large area. I have not found anything it will not take rust from, even clothing. Can just see it disapear as applied. Mop your floor as usual after the rust has gone.

If there is wax on the floor, be certain to remove it, before attempting to remove the rust...The wax will prevent you from being able to remove the rust, if the rust is under the wax!

Linoleum Flooring
Removing Rust Stains from a Linoleum Flooring
Home and Garden Cleaning FloorsNovember 18, 2009
Homemade Softscrub Cleaner Recipe, Photo of cleaning bucket and supplies.
Cleaning Linoleum Floors
Paint can with red paint.
Removing Paint from Linoleum
Rust and Peeling Blue Paint on Car
Removing Rust from a Car or Truck
🎉
🎄