Removing Rust Stains from a Linoleum Flooring

0
Share
Save
Follow
Print

Silver Post Medal for All Time! 297 Posts

Linoleum FlooringApply full strength distilled white vinegar directly to tough linoleum stains. Leave it on 10-15 minutes before wiping up. If that doesn't work, apply it again and sprinkle baking soda over the vinegar. Scrub with brush or sponge. Rinse with clean water.

By duckie-do from Cortez, CO

I have an old linoleum floor in my basement and there's a pretty big rust stain on the floor. What could I use to remove it? I've already tried a few products that are supposed to remove rust, but had no luck. Any ideas? I can't afford to replace the floor.

By karen from Warren, MI

Answers

Try 'Whink' (in a brown bottle at Wal-Mart/most grocery stores, in the section with cleansers, i.e. Comet). Try it on a small area to check for damage to linoleum before using on the large area.

I have not found anything it will not take rust from, even clothing. Can just see it disapear as applied. Mop your floor as usual after the rust has gone.

If there is wax on the floor, be certain to remove it, before attempting to remove the rust...The wax will prevent you from being able to remove the rust, if the rust is under the wax!

Answer this Question
Home and Garden Cleaning FloorsMay 12, 2013
😎
🎆
🌻
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf58238692.tip.html