Artificial Plant Cleaner

I am looking for a homemade recipe for cleaning artificial plants. I know one of the ingredients is liquid fabric softener. Does anyone know about this recipe?

Jeri from Indiana

Recent AnswersAnswer this Question

By Dee 3 142 09/28/2004

I know you can dust silk flowers/ leaves by placing salt or rice in a brown paper bag, add silk flowers and shake.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By Ginny Cassidy (Guest Post) 09/28/2004

On artifical plants and silk flowers I just use sudsy ammonia and water, and dip them in, rinse them off with clean water, air dry them and they are sparkling clean...

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By Linda L. 83 322 09/28/2004

I take my silk plants into the shower and rinse them off while I shower. Most silks these days are polyester. I then lay them upside down for the water to drain out and air dry them. No special cleaner is needed. I have been a profesional floral designer and we just hosed them off!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By Steve Reiss (Guest Post) 08/15/2006

I am a interior plantscaper, that maintains live and silk plants. About fifteen years ago with the help of a chemist I developed a product that works great for cleaning silk plants. The product is called "SilkBrite" and you can get it at www.leaftek.com

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By Chad 1 10/16/2009

I've found that Silk N Splendor works great on my dusty plants. You can just spray it on and let it dry...works great and no mess. Just lay a towel down because it will drip slightly. You can buy it at QualitySilkPlants.com

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No