Question
Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Artificial Plant Cleaner

I am looking for a homemade recipe for cleaning artificial plants. I know one of the ingredients is liquid fabric softener. Does anyone know about this recipe?

Jeri from Indiana

Here are the recent answer to this question.

By Chad10/16/2009

I've found that Silk N Splendor works great on my dusty plants. You can just spray it on and let it dry...works great and no mess. Just lay a towel down because it will drip slightly. You can buy it at QualitySilkPlants.com

By Steve Reiss (Guest Post)08/15/2006

I am a interior plantscaper, that maintains live and silk plants. About fifteen years ago with the help of a chemist I developed a product that works great for cleaning silk plants. The product is called "SilkBrite" and you can get it at www.leaftek.com

By Linda L. [33]09/28/2004

I take my silk plants into the shower and rinse them off while I shower. Most silks these days are polyester. I then lay them upside down for the water to drain out and air dry them. No special cleaner is needed. I have been a profesional floral designer and we just hosed them off!

By Ginny Cassidy (Guest Post)09/28/2004

On artifical plants and silk flowers I just use sudsy ammonia and water, and dip them in, rinse them off with clean water, air dry them and they are sparkling clean...

By Dee [3]09/28/2004

I know you can dust silk flowers/ leaves by placing salt or rice in a brown paper bag, add silk flowers and shake.