Painting Bedroom Furniture

I have just painted my daughter's room to match a comforter set we bought. The top half is white, the bottom is chocolate brown, and a dark pink stripe goes around the middle. I repainted an old bedroom set tan (it was originally off white/yellow?). I'm afraid that now the finish may be too light. Should I try using the brown wall paint and a decorating finish on the furniture or leave it alone?

Melissa

Could you highlight the bedroom set with chocolate and pink? Like chocolate drawer fronts with pink knobs. Or maybe decorate it with some kind of stencil? I don't think you should paint it brown like the walls because it will disappear into them.

Hi, try painting a large piece of wood the tan color and then sponge paint the darker color over it,do it a couple of different ways to see if you like it and then paint your furniture .If you didn't like it you haven't ruined your furniture.