Using a Crayon Drawing as an Iron On Transfer

By belinda 2 12

Is there any way to use a picture colored with crayons as an iron on transfer for say an apron or t-shirt

Belinda from Wingo, KY

Showing: Answers Sort

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

I don't know about using a page of something colored. I do know you can use the cheapest crayons you can buy and have perfect fabric crayons at a much lower price. Just color your own design on the apron and iron it with a sheet of plain paper between iron and fabric. if it is going to be washed often iron it with a sheet on cut rite wax paper over it. This can even be bleached. Remember to use cheap wax crayons the crayola crayons do not work.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Janette 91 153 Flag

There are crayons that are specifically for making iron on transfer. Just go over the drawing with the crayons. These can be found in the sewing section at JoAnn Fabrics or the craft section at Wal-Mart. They are really easy to use. Hope this helps.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

I have done this lots of times by having the kids draw on fine sandpaper with any crayons-remember that any pic drawn will be reversed when used as a transfer so any words need to be written backwards if you want them to read right. Don't know what the reason for the sandpaper is. Make sure the crayon is drawn thickly, and wash separately the first few times.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By LuvMyGingerKids 46 316 Flag

If the drawing is dark enough, yes -- you can turn the paper upside down and iron it onto the fabric (use a slightly damp cloth between the iron and the paper) I don't know how indelible the transfer would be however.

A better alternative would be to use fabric crayons -- they are oil based and found at art supply stores.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Pattie Hartley 2 104 Flag

If it were me I would scan the picture and then print it out on iron-on paper made for putting photos on T-shirts and other craft items.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

Thanks so much for your responses. My grandson will be moving soon and he and I like to do little craft projects together when he visits me so I wanted to make a T-shirt or an apron for him so that every time he wears it he'll think of his Nan. He's 6 and loves to craft and help in the kitchen so I thought this would make a wonderful memory for him. I LOVE this site so much!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

Yeah, but what is that called? Thanks.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Comment

sequin iron-on transfers
Using an Iron-on Transfer
Previous
Crafts AdviceJanuary 15, 2008
ThriftyFun on Facebook ThriftyFun on Pinterest Enter a Contest Free Newsletters Ask a Question Share a Post
Girl drawing with crayons on microfiber.
Removing Crayon From Microfiber
sequin iron-on transfers
Using an Iron-on Transfer
Picture of crayon stains on a dryer door.
Cleaning Crayon Out of a Dryer
Crayon marks on a wall.
Removing Crayon From Walls
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 9, 2016 at 9:52:35 AM on 10.0.0.50 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.

NewestOldestMost HelpfulLeast HelpfulRelevance
Site MenuShare a PostContestsAsk a QuestionAbout ThriftyFun
BrowseAll By DateAll GuidesAll QuestionsAll VideosRecent FeedbackLonely Questions
CategoriesBetter LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness & LegalConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood & RecipesGarage SalesHealth & BeautyHolidays & PartiesHome & GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsTravel & RecreationWeddings