Browsing: SOS Pad Stained Bathroom Fixtures

Cleaning SOS Pad Marks from a Tub

I decided to clean the bathtub the other day as there was an ugly ring. I thought that an SOS pad would do the trick, wrong! There are faint grey/black marks everywhere the pad touched the tub. Any ideas on how to get rid of this? I tried bleach, ammonia and comet without success.

Thanks!

Melnago

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

baking soda paste should do the trick.. use a damp cloth and sprinkle some baking soda on it and rub a small area at a time... then rinse.

Baking soda will help with that ring around the tub too.

Baking soda worked great, and it was a very large dark gray stain. Had to empty the toilet of most of the water (dumped a big bucket of water in), then apply the paste. Vinegar did not help, but maybe it had to soak overnight. I was in my usual rush.

Try Mr. Clean`s Magic Eraser. I had a few black marks in a bathroom sink...tried the Magic Eraser and it worked. Good luck!

I tried the Eraser and the baking soda without much luck. Granted, my tub was shinning but the grey marks were still visible. In a last ditch effort, I tried Fantastik toilet boil cleaner... left it on for a few seconds and scrubbed/ rinsed. Worked like a charm!

Melnago

A copper Brillo pad will quickly remove steel wool marks from tile surfaces.

three pink soap steel wool cleaning pads
SOS Pad Stained Bathroom Fixtures
Home and Garden Cleaning BathroomDecember 11, 2004
Scrubbing Pan with SOS Pad
Extending the Life of SOS Pads
Claw Foot Tub in Bright Bathroom
Cleaning a Claw Foot Tub
A pregnant woman rubbing cream in her belly to prevent stretch marks.
Preventing Stretch Marks
Hot Tub
Cleaning a Hot Tub
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on September 6, 2016 at 4:29:09 PM on 10.0.0.89 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.