Cleaning a Mouse Pad

Category Miscellaneous
Rather than spending money on a new mouse pad, try cleaning the one you have. This is a page about cleaning a mouse pad.

Our mousepads are the basic, inexpensive type, made with a rubber-type base, covered with synthetic (I think) cloth. After a year or so of just normal use, they had dirty smudges around the edges (from our hands and wrists).

I put about a teaspoon of Woolite into a small dishpan and added enough water to cover the mousepad. I let the mousepad soak for about 20-30 minutes, then scrubbed lightly with a soft bristle vegetable brush. I rinsed it thoroughly, then rolled it in a towel to get out the excess water. Then, I hung it over a chair back and let it dry overnight. Clean!

Source: I decided to try this because the mousepads are similar in materials to my arch support cushions, and that's how I clean them.

I thought my mousepad was worn out and ready to be replaced, until I got the idea of cleaning it with a piece of masking tape. I rolled the masking tape inside out, around my fingers, and proceeded to use the sticky side to pick up lint. Now the mousepad is good as new!

By zballoongirl

Home and Garden Cleaning MiscellaneousMarch 28, 2013
💘
🍀

Generated 2020-01-24 12:13:34 in 2 secs. ⛅️️ ⚡️