Hanging Wallpaper Temporarily

Is there some way that I can attach wallpaper without using adhesive? I need to have it removable, as I live in an apartment and am not allowed to do anything that would be permanent.

By Janis from MT

Here is some good advice on temporary wallpaper from someone here at ThriftyFun.

There is wallpaper (at least borders) that are self adhesive and can be peeled off without damaging the walls. I had a neighbor lady in the apt. next to me and she was always changing the wallpaper border in all of her rooms. When she was moving out, she showed me where she had peeled the border off the walls and all you could see was a slight difference in wall color.

Cloths might be easier to do, just put them on an expandable curtain rod, from one end of the wall to the other. You just sew a little hem on one end and hang, and later you might use the cloth for a table cloth or cut up for rags.

I like using Liquid starch and material. Put in sections liquid starch and put material up and using your hands smooth out air bubbles. When you are ready to moved peel off the material and you can wash and dry it again for the same use or something else. The starch is on your material when you peel it off.

You can get strippable wallpaper, which comes off easily. (What kind of landlord wouldn't want you to improve the place?)

I don't know of any wallpaper that you can't get off. Some is more easily removed than others, but all of it will come off nowadays. Just go to the store where wallpapers are sold, and read about them; I am sure you will find some that will suit your needs.

I have soaked sheets that had a pattern that I liked on it in Argo starch. Hung it on the wall and smoothed it out. Time consuming to do a whole wall, but worth it. When you move all you do is spray it with water to loosen it and it comes down easily. After that you must wash the walls to get starch residue off.

Home and Garden Home Improvement Decorating WallpaperAugust 18, 2010
Blue and white retro wallpaper.
Cleaning Wallpaper
Removing Wallpaper That Has Been Painted, Gloved hand scraping off wallpaper.
Removing Wallpaper That Has Been Painted
Painting Over Wallpaper, Vintage Peeling Wallaper
Painting Over Wallpaper
cleaning grease off wallpaper
Cleaning Grease Off Wallpaper