Making Bra Straps Shorter

Often you can find a bra that fits well, except the straps are too long. This is a guide about making bra straps shorter.

Making Bra Straps Shorter

I need to modify some of my bra's because I have a short body and full bust. The problem is wearing strappy tops and other sleeveless type tops with my bra's. I cant stop the bra straps from falling out. Even when I hunch my shoulders they are barely tight but I cant move around with my shoulders hunched all the time.

I want to shorten the bra straps as I cannot shorten them enough by adjusting them normally they are of the thin type and elastic but not elastic enough. If anyone knows a good method for doing this I would appreciate it thanks.

Sarah

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Best Answer

Try making an S shape with a bit of the strap that doesn't lie on your shoulders (otherwise it would be uncomfortable) and stitching it down firmly at each side of the "captured" strap.

I have used this method to shorten shopping bag handles and it works fine, so might be a solution for your problem.

Best Answer

What I do is cut off the excess length and restitch the ends together.

Best Answer

Have you seen the new Bra Barrette? It's the only functional solution to straps falling down and actually meant to be worn as a fashion accessory for tanks, camisoles, bathing suits and evening wear. The plain clear version is designed to be worn under clothes and is very discreet. Check them out at www.brabarrette.com very inexpensive too!

Read More Answers...
Home and Garden Repair ClothingAugust 6, 2012
Lawnmower mowing long grass.
Choosing the Best Lawnmower Height Setting
woman wearing a bra
Keeping Bra Straps from Slipping
Perky Bra Purses
Making a Purse from a Bra
crochet strap for Crock Pot lid
Making a Crochet Crock Pot Strap
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on April 18, 2016 at 5:12:06 PM on 10.0.1.45 in 325 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.