RecyclingGreen Living

Recycling #6 Coffee Cups

I'm trying to find out where I can recycle my clean used #6 coffee cups. I have many, many sleeves of them and refuse to put them in the landfill. And yes, from today on I will bring my own cup to Dunkin'! Thanks for your help in advance.

By Redwitch from Oswego, NY

Why don't you just reuse them as containers for coffee from home? My husband & I do that as much as we can!

You can buy an old, scraggly "Christmas Cactus", break the leaflets apart and sprout one suspended in each cup. When they have grown half inch long roots, fill the cups with wet dirt. A week or two after that cut leftover cups in half to make short cups like saucers, put some pea size gravel and

water into it, and set the cups with plants into those.

Gradually taper off the watering and if you let them have lots of wind, you will have hundreds of sellable $10 plants by Christmas.

Have FUN!

DearWebby

http://webby.com/humor

Check with your local schools or teachers that you know. Possibly they could use them for crafts.

To recycle #6 polystyrene try this website: http://www.amer  mp;by=1&rs=5

I save coffee and yogurt cups for starting seeds in the Spring. Just poke a small hole in the bottom for drainage.