Lettuce With Peanut Butter and Onion

My Dad had a heart attack in his 50's. His doctor told him to stop eating bread. And for snacking he gave him this hint: 1 large leaf lettuce, spread with 1-2 tablespoons of peanut butter. Add a THICK slice of red onion. Roll it up and enjoy. I tried it and it was remarkable good

Source: Dad's Doctor

By Great Granny Vi from Moorpark, CA

I guess my Mayo and Peanut butter sandwich wouldn't be good for this diet! PB and onion? That's an odd one!

Although I've never tried one I've heard of peanut butter and onion sandwiches before and it makes sense to use a slice of red onion because it's a sweet onion :-) I just googled for recipes of them and they do exist ;-) Your dad's doc saying to use a lettuce leaf instead of bread was wise :-)

I bet this would also be good with a sweet onion, like Vidalia, Walla Walla, or Maui.

My uncle's favourite was peanut butter and honey!

Food and Recipes Food Tips Healthy EatingApril 27, 2009
Jar of peanut butter surrounded by peanuts.
Homemade Peanut Butter Recipes
Iceberg Lettuce
Growing Iceberg Lettuce
Head of green leaf lettuce.
Washing Lettuce
Lettuce growing in a box.
Growing Lettuce
🎄
🍂