Mosquito Bites on My Face

I've recently come to Jeju, Korea (an island off the main land of Korea) to my uncle's place. I slept the 2nd night and I guess a mosquito had been inside my room. I woke up around 3 am in the morning noticing that i was itching my face. When I went to the bathroom I've found 6 bites on my face and my right eye had swollen up. I've been putting medication on for over 4 days and they seem to not be going away. It's bothering me so much that my face looks like it's diseased. It doesn't itch but is there a way to get rid of the bites on my face fast?

Julie from Jeju, Korea

Best Answer

Try taking an antihistamine. The swelling is an allergic reaction and Benadryl and such should help.

it could have been a spider too. i hear those bites are pretty painful tho.

I had the same thing happen to me two days ago, and today is the third day. I feel your pain, my face looks like its rotting away or that i have really bad acne. the mosquito bit me about 12 times all along my cheeks and three times on my eye lid. Its really really frustrating, good luck with all the suggestions, lemme know which one worked best for you. I think i will try the toothpaste and ice method

thanks for your feedback! i definitly appreciate it.

It's gone now, just slight marks and my face seems

to be back to normal. I guess time heals everything.

the antihistimine helped heal faster though! thank you!! best of luck to the first post-er! ;D

for mosquito bites on my eye, i usually take a benadryl/motrin and apply a piece of ice wrapped in paper towel to try to reduce the swelling.

Wow I had the same thing happen to me when me and my friend decided to camp out on the trampoline...not so smart. LOL, but anyway I have 21 mosquito bites on my face and I've tried every thing! but aloe lotion and Neosporin helped the best!

I just got a mosquito bite/spider bite whatever it is on my face. I put alcohol and antibiotic ointment on my face. I also wash it pretty often. It goes down a little but it swells back up because I touch it. I think the best thing to do is just to leave it alone. I know its not easy to do that.

Okay I'm camping with my friends having a good time long weekend the first night I slept like a baby to wake up to a swollen eye then to realize it was totally a mosquito bite on my eye! What do I do ?

Editor's Note: Some benedryl or benedryl cream will help take the swelling down. Try not to scratch it.

I have 3 bites on my cheek and the skin was really loose at first and when i got out of the shower it peeled off and it looks like i have scars/ my face is rotting where I was bit.

Editor's Note: It sounds like you are having an allergic reaction and that the bites turned into blisters. Best call the doctor.

We went to thailand for a month and had a wondrous time. However, one evening nearing our return I was savaged by what I can only call a personal attack. I counted 79 bites. two days after I got back to Bournemouth, I went into hospital with blood poisoning. What are the chances? Ha, I'm recovered but forever cautious of the little fiends.

Nearly four weeks ago a mosquito bit right under an eye. I did not scratch it, but by next morning the face was swollen and the eye swollen shut. A doctor put me on methel-prednisolone and Benadryl. Ice packs and Motrim as well. All helped, but it took three weeks for the swelling to subside. Some reddened shiny skin remains on the face. My concern now is that there is a big lump of a scab at the site of the bite just at my eye. ( I never scratched it.) Some lower eye lashes are in to the scab which is not nearly ready to fall off. Wow -- I've never had such a run in with an insect! May have to go back to the doctor's to have this scab looked at.

I'm really upset because I usually have clear skin, but two night ago I woke up with this swelling bite on my face. I have to model dresses in a few days and everyone will just look at the red lump on my head and think I have an exploding pimple!

I'm living in Ulsan S. korea right now. Ive been here for two days and have been assaulted at night in my apartment by mosquitoes. They have primarily attacked my face since that is my most exposed area when I sleep. I am worried about possible diseases they have transmitted.

Do mosquito bites on face ooze a liquid?

Try mixing water with baking soda it really works it will take away the swelling and the bite! You should try it!

HELP! I have three mosquito bits on my face and I cant help but almost itch them. I wouldn't worry so much but my cousins are coming and they are prefects and I have to find out how to get rid of the bits!

Here's something simple, quick, really effective. And it's in your cupboard: white vinegar. Put on a paper towel or wash cloth if you want to scrub the spot for really effective treatment. From an old-time remedy source. And I use it religiously 'cause I live in the woods, I'm a mosquito snack, and the other stuff is all non-effective. Obviously, keep away from eyes.

Pirtion allergy tablets! available over the counter, and swelling will go down within 1 hour. Especially recommended for bites on the face!

Thanks you guys! My daughter is allergic to mosquitos and was bitten under her eye and I gave her benedryl and childrens motrin. I didn't know what to do and I hope you all feel better.

I got a mosquito bite on my left eyelid during school which was on Thursday. When I got home it started to swell up and then it clam down but, now it has got worst. I been put it medication from my country well it help a little bit.

Mosquito Bite Remedies
Mosquito Bite Remedies
Health & Beauty AdviceJune 4, 2006
Mosquito Repellant
Mosquito Repellent Reviews
Mosquito Bites
Treating Insect Bites and Stings
Mosquito Repellant
Mosquito Repellent Reviews
Chigger on Leaf
Remedies for Chigger Bites
🎄