Painting a Canvas Rug

Has anyone painted a canvas rug? How did you do it? I want to paint one to match my kitchen. Thanks.

You should be able to find instructions on HGTV. They have a show "Design on a Dime" and I remember seeing them do one.

I have painted several floor cloths (canvas rugs). I use primed canvas (or you can prime raw canvas with gesso or latex paint). Draw on the design you want to paint and do the painting with acrylic hobby paints or wall paint if that is easier to find. Allow to dry and finish with several coats of water base varnish. I like to finish the edges of the rug before I paint them. Enjoy! Hope this helps you...they are fun to do and quite serviceable. Clean them with mild soap and water .

Crafts Home DecorFebruary 23, 2009
Making Plastic Canvas Christmas Ornaments
ornamental rug
Removing Rug Dye from Carpet
🎉
🎄