Homemade Tool for "Hard to Reach" Places

This is something that I have created and find it so useful in many ways. An old mop handle with a cup hook screwed on the end of it, so simple and easy. I find it so useful for reaching that cord behind the tv that has dropped down, something that has gone under the fridge or stove. Just hang it in a handy place and you'll be surprised how many times you have a use for this, especially us senior citizens.

By Barbara from Evington, Virginia

What a great idea, Barbara!!! Thanx for sharing this!!!

that's awsome! I had one yrs back but have forgotten about it due to the Missouri wivestale about not taking a broom with you when you move because it brings bad luck -- I had mine screwed right into the end of the broom handle but I like your idea better due to the folklore !!

What a great idea. Thank you, Barbara. Now I can re-hook that curtain hook onto the curtain rod without standing on a chair.

That's a great idea. Over the years, we have had many of them. My mom gets the 48" dowels from the hardware store, the thicker, the better. I learned to put glue down in the hole where the cupholder goes. That will keep it from getting loose and falling off.

Betty in Michigan

I am an Occupational Therapist, and for years we gave folks "dressing sticks" to help in dressing (and other tasks). But it is really nothing more than a dowel (or old broom handle) with a cuphook in one end and a screw-in coathook (I prefer the plastic-coated kind), which the top "hook", the longer, straighter one, has been bent to a ninety degree angle. This hook is great for pulling items to the edge of a high shelf to make them easier to reach; reaching behind things, etc.

Adds twice the utility to the "tool".

This is such a good idea I made myself one immediately. It also is a great way to hang up the handle! Thanks y'all!!!

We have one too. My husband uses it in the yard to get the bird feeders down off the hooks. It's come in handy a lot!

Metal sink drain.
Getting Rid of Drain Flies
A sign pointing to a farmers market.
Alternative Places to Shop for Groceries
Dusting Blinds
Dusting Hard to Reach Places
Removing Bird Poop Stains