Alternative Places to Shop for Groceries

I shop at a scratch and dent grocery store about 50 miles from my home. The savings far surpass the the cost of the gasoline. I have gotten $200.00 of groceries for $60.00 before! Check on the Internet for the nearest place for "scratch and dent" stores in your area! You must be careful for expired merchandise but I have never had a problem.

By MamaSue46 from Hagerstown, MD

More Solutions

Here are some ideas on alternative places to shop for your groceries, rather than the sometimes high-priced grocery store chains. Check your area to see if there are any year-round farmers' markets, and food terminals or "cash and carry" stores that usually sell to restaurants that are open to the public.

photo fo a sign pointing to a farmer's market

Comment Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes
Consumer Advice Shopping Grocery ShoppingSeptember 5, 2012
💘
🍀
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Alternative-Places-to-Shop-for-Groceries-1.html