Dealing With Foot Odor From Work Boots

Category Shoes
Keeping feet dry, clean socks and the use of baking powder is how you can remove funky smells in your shoes. This is a guide about dealing with foot odor from work boots.

I would like to know if anyone out there has any advice to get rid of foot odor. My son has a problem with excessive sweat when wearing his steel-toed boots to work. I would apperciate any help on this matter. Thank You.

Pat from Alberta

Best Answer

Most importantly, he needs good, absorbent socks made mostly of cotton to soak up the sweat. The WorkHorse ones with Cushioned soles are pretty good. He needs to use fresh, clean socks each day.

There are sprays you can get that will eliminate the odor. Spritzing some rubbing alcohol into the boots each night might also help.

If his feet sweat excessively, a doctor may be able to help. Apart from that, antiperspirant may be helpful.

Best Answer

Why not fill two old socks with baking soda, then when he takes off his boots, he can put the socks in them to absorb the odor.

I know it sounds expensive, but, if you can afford another pair of boots, trading days of wearing the boots will give one pair a chance to dry out while he is wearing the other pair. Letting one pair get truly dried out and having the baking powder socks in them should solve the problem.

Best Answer

Everyday after removing your shoes, wipe your feet, especially between the toes, with rubbing alcohol. This will kill any odor-causing bacteria. You might try wiping the inside of your shoes too so you don't re-infect yourself every time you wear those shoes. My husband had awful, smell across the room, type foot odor before starting this regimen and now it is totally gone.

Best Answer

Charcoal will absorb the bad odors. Just put some chunks of charcoal in a mesh bag inside the shoes each night. Charcoal is what Dr. Scholls puts inside their inserts specially made for smelly feet.

Best Answer

I use a crystal spray every day (available from pharmacies). Similar to the crystal stick deodorants out there but in spray form. This is a deodorant that comes in regular or sensitive. Your feet are supposed to sweat every day, that's normal but this spray doesn't let the bacteria grow and therefore there is no smell. Use every morning, let your feet dry and then put on your shoes as normal.

Best Answer

Sprinkle Alum in your shoes and it will take the odor out of your shoes.

Thanks to Tammi for this information!

I don't know if this works or not but I've heard some people say that to avoid bad foot odor to take knee high nylons and fill them with cat litter and place them in your shoes every night and every so often replace with new cat litter. It might work. Try it. Let men know if it works!!!

(Sent in by Email)

To remove foot odor from work boots, spray gym shoes and/or boot insides with Lysol and air boots out a minimum of 24 hours to kill the fungus or you could develope a serious athletes foot condition.

Laww

My husband, also, wears steel toed boots to work. Because his feet sweat so much, he bought a 'boot dryer'. I think it was from www.gemplers.com. When he gets home from work he plugs in the boot dryer and puts his work boots on it, by morning the boots are dry again for him to wear. Also, because his feet sweat so bad, he was advised by a pal, in the medical field, to wear wool socks like hikers use. Since he got the wool socks, his feet don't bother him like they use to. (we live in the desert, hubby was real hesitant on the wool socks, but glad after they do so well for him.) Hope this helps someone.

Use FOOT FRESH herbal cream deodorant available at www.severefootodor.com. I am the manufacturer of this product which has a money-back guarantee. It only requires weekly application.