Browse   Newsletters   Contests   Ask   Share   Account   About

Tiny Brownish Red Bugs in Kitchen Cupboards

I have recently found a bunch of these tiny brownish red bugs crawling around my kitchen cupboards. I don't think they're bedbugs. At first glance I thought they were small ants. Does anyone know what they are and how to get rid of them?

By nyapt from Queens,NY

By LARRY FLUITT09/02/2010

It is a pantry pest type beetle/ weevil (boll weevils attack cotton bolls), need to locate what they are infesting in the pantry and throw it away, get rid of anything they could of infested too, thoroughly clean under the shelves and the corners. In 23rd year doing pest control.

By kimsukie [3]09/02/2010

Don't know if I spelled it right but they look like boll weevils. They live on dry goods such as crackers and cereals or grains flours. You must freeze dry goods for 24-36 hours to kill any that may be in the foods when you first purchase them and keep foods in tightly seal containers.

By Lilac [18]09/01/2010

They look like roaches to me. The best way to get rid of them is to trap one and show it to the exterminator. He will then know what to use.