Tiny Brownish Red Bugs in Kitchen Cupboards

By nyapt 1

I have recently found a bunch of these tiny brownish red bugs crawling around my kitchen cupboards. I don't think they're bedbugs. At first glance I thought they were small ants. Does anyone know what they are and how to get rid of them?

By nyapt from Queens,NY

Showing: Answers Sort

By Lilac 20 1,329 Flag

They look like roaches to me. The best way to get rid of them is to trap one and show it to the exterminator. He will then know what to use.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By kimsukie 5 35 Flag

Don't know if I spelled it right but they look like boll weevils. They live on dry goods such as crackers and cereals or grains flours. You must freeze dry goods for 24-36 hours to kill any that may be in the foods when you first purchase them and keep foods in tightly seal containers.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By LARRY FLUITT 38 Flag

It is a pantry pest type beetle/ weevil (boll weevils attack cotton bolls), need to locate what they are infesting in the pantry and throw it away, get rid of anything they could of infested too, thoroughly clean under the shelves and the corners. In 23rd year doing pest control.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Comment

© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 8, 2016 at 2:22:30 PM on 10.0.2.186 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.