Make Up TipsBeauty

Using Makeup Primer

I have been having problems with my makeup (MAC) staying on all day. I put the liquid foundation on my face in the morning around 6:30am and by noon it is complete gone. A lady at the MAC cosmetics counter told me I needed to purchase a primer which was $27. I had never heard of this before and would like to know your views about buying a face primer and is it necessary to get the same brand primer as the makeup? Thanking you in advance for your help.

By Onesummer

I use E.L.F primer, it's $6 and works great. You can buy it at Target and at the E.L.F. website.

If the make-up is water based, you will need a primer to keep it on through the day. The primers can be a different brand; the important thing is to test whichever you chose in combination with the other products you'll be using before slathering it over your entire face and throat.

The tender skin between the elbow and underarm is the best test area because the skin is most like that on your face. Appy the combined products in a small patch for at least 24 hours to be sure you are not going to have a painful reaction.

I think there are some water based make-up products that combine the foundation and primer, that should be a money saving option.

Anonymous

For even more holding power use a light dusting of loose colorless translucent powder after using both the primer and foundation and touch up with another powdering mid-day.

Hi, I got a sample in Allure magazine of smashbox photofinish light and

I was hooked. I have oily skin and this is the only way I can keep my eye make up on. This primer works better than anything I have ever tried and I would not have forked over the money for it otherwise. Its my most expensive makeup purchase out of all the products I purchase. The bottle lasts me approx 9 months and it runs $30 something. For me, its what makes all the other products work better & last longer.

It is very necessary that you use the same brand of foundation as a primer.I used to use a mac foundation and an elf primer the foundation would peel off my face then I started using a elf foundation I never had that peeling again.

I hope this helped.