Decorating A Sun Room

I have a sun room with light blue walls and I am using black furniture. How can I decorate the room with curtains and an area rug? I have ceramic beige tiles on the floor and also the trimming with wood color. Should I change it or should I leave it?

I have two doors that leave to the deck, one is a sliding door and the other one is a regular doorway. I have two windows, one that is standard size and the other one is a little bigger. We have our computer desk there (its black) and a black futon and a black TV set. HELP!

Vanessa from Swiftwater, PA

Honestly, I'd recover the furniture and paint the computer desk something other than black. It sounds like you have a wonderful color scheme otherwise. Any other color would compliment the blues and tans, especially in a sun room. If it were me, I'd pull in greens and yellows to really warm it up. The black just seems so un-sunroomish. The desk would be easy enough to paint with spray paint, and you can buy/make slipcovers for the furniture, or splurge on something entirely new. Spring is the perfect time for this- there's plenty of inspiration right outside!

I was thinking green and yellow for accents, too, like sunflowers, but don't think you would especially have to repaint the furniture!

Home and Garden Home Improvement Decorating AdviceMarch 30, 2008
A picture of the Eiffel Tower.
Decorating a Room With a Paris Theme
Sewing Room
Decorating a Sewing Room
Room With Many Doors
Decorating a Room With Many Doors
Feng Shui Decorating, Feng Shui Decorating
Feng Shui Decorating