Wooden Trivets for Corks

I am looking to purchase wooden trivets to fill with my corks. Does anyone know where to get them?

Sharon from Malvern, PA

Best Answer

Try using embroidery hoops. They come in several sizes, so that gives you a lot of choice. Some are even small enough to use for coasters. I'm guessing you intend to cut the cork down and then glue them into 'frame' to make hot pads. A bonus is that you can usually get embroidery hoops at second hand stores for 50 cents or less AND you can paint them cheaply for variation. Good luck. Dianne

Best Answer

You can find unfinished trays in various sizes at the craft store. They go on sale regularly, so watch the ads. You can decorate or paint the tray in whatever finish you want, then glue the corks down in the center.

I have seen a picture frame with the corks glued in them, they are really unique.

Trivet (hot pad) made from wine corks inside metal hoop
Making a Wine Cork Trivet
Consumer Advice Product FinderNovember 11, 2008
Wine cork used as name card holder
Reusing Corks
Handmade wine cork corkboard
Recycled Wine Cork Bulletin Board
Wooden Spoon Deer
Wooden Spoon Reindeer Craft
Crochet Hot Pads
Making Crochet Hot Pads and Trivets