Helpful HintsFood Tips

Cut Pancakes In Squares For Easy Serving

If you make great pancakes but can never get them all to pour the same sizes, Try this:

Make a stack of pancakes. Instead of serving everyone individual pancakes, take a sharp knife, slice down and across through the stack as you would do for a cake until you have squares. Transfer all the squares to a large serving bowl or container. Pour melted butter over the squares and place a serving spoon along side. This way everyone will have as much pancakes as they want without worrying about the irregularity of the sizes. This worked so well that this is the only way I make them now. Everyone says, that its a neat idea because all they have to do is pour the syrup and dig in. Try it I hope you guys like it.

By sbb1 from Umm al Quain, UAE

I do like this idea, thank you so much for sharing! This is especially good if you have children that squabble over different shapes and sizes.

I don't know why but I don't get it...cut across like you would a cake? I don't see what you're saying...sorry.

While working with special needs students/children, I've learned some quick and easy ways to cut their breakfast. I use a pair of clean scissors to make bite sized pieces. The use of plastic knives (usually not available for safety reasons anyway) with Styrofoam trays did not work very well. With the food cut in manageable pieces, the students/children can now use a fork and have good manners! This is also a great idea for toddlers with busy moms/care takers.

By Beverly C. from Hanover Twp., PA

You can also use a pizza cutter. That is a device with a wheel that cuts through pancakes, french toast, etc. I use it when my grandkids visit. It works wonderfully.