Temporarily Covering a Roof Leak

My roof is leaking. What do I put over the leak?

By meenu

You can put a large plastic sheeting over the comb of the roof and drape down then put heavy blocks on edges to keep from blowing up and you may need more than one to cover the area temporarily.

Hi! First, check to see if the valleys and gutters are clogged, causing a dam of water to spread out into the shingle area. This happened to me! We also cut shingle-sized roofing metal from a roll and jammed it under the shingles near the obvious dam leak (eyeball yours shingles and don't go by where the water appears on your ceiling!). For a different area, I used a 20' bamboo pole to hoist a giant tarp over the backbone of the porch roof and tied bricks to the grommets to hold it in place. We are going to glue roofers metal or roll roofing over this ridge for now. We have asbestos shingles, so replacing the roof is not a good option for us.

Home and Garden Repair HomeApril 15, 2011
Removing Moss from Asphalt Roof Tiles
Removing Moss from Asphalt Roof Tiles
Removing Moss from a Roof, Cleaning Moss off Roof
Removing Moss from a Roof
A dirty roof that has been partially cleaned.
Saving Money on Roof Cleaning
Man nailing up new shingles on a roof.
Saving Money on a New Roof