My Frugal Life: Finding a Use for "Useless" Items

I work as a social worker with a non-profit. This generally means that we have no money. My Frugal LifeMy job is to look at things in a new way and find a new or application for them. We recycle everything!

We use the toilet paper, and then we use the holders for craft projects. We provide a food bank and reuse all of the containers to organize office and school supplies. We take in donations of unwanted items and find a new use for them in another home. We use all of our office scrap paper for coloring sheets, egg cartons to make critters, broken jewelry for Christmas ornaments, bits of colored paper for sun catchers. Everything gets a new life!

It really is fun to meet the challenge of finding a use for useless items.

Dawn from Elyria, Ohio

Do you have a frugal story to share with the ThriftyFun community? Submit your essay here: http://www.thriftyfun.com/post_myfrugallife.ldml

Good for you! If you have a FreeCycle.com in your area, you can request items from other readers for use in crafts.

I would like some directions for the ideas you mentioned above.

Better Living Frugal Living My Frugal LifeJanuary 7, 2009
Piggy Bank Surrounded by Money
Adding Up the Savings of a Frugal Life
Putting Money in Change Purse
Living a Frugal Lifestyle
Various promotional items.
Removing Logos from Promotional Items
A young child counting coins.
Teaching Your Kids About Frugal Living
🎉
🎄