A Drop of Ammonia for Fertilizing Green Plants

I have found that for green plants like ivy, about every 2 - 4 weeks, I add one drop of ammonia to the watering; that's one drop per plant. The green plants, not flowering ones, like the nitrogen. It makes them green and pretty. I got the idea from Jerry Baker to use it as a fertilizer.

By Chris from San Pedro, CA

Thanks! Such a simple idea but it makes sense, but I'm sure you could easily "burn" your plant with to much if you're not super-careful.

This is interesting and I'm anxious to try it but need more information. Ammonia is a gas and you can't measure it in drops. Are you speaking of 28% ammonia water, household ammonia, etc.?

Thanks

Geraniums fertilized by ammonia.
Fertilizing Plants With Ammonia
Home and Garden Gardening FertilizerMay 7, 2009
Canning Green Beans, Freezing Green Beans, Growing Green Beans, Storing Green Beans, Drying Green Beans
Storing Green Beans
Cleaning Toilet With Ammonia
Cleaning With Ammonia
A white bottle of household ammonia.
Cleaning Up Spilled Household Ammonia
Washing Dishes With Ammonia
Washing Dishes With Ammonia
🎉
🎄