Foliage Accent Palm Turning Brown

I have just been given an indoor palm (houseplant) that is completely brown and crunchy. I am wondering if I need to cut off all the dead leaves? This will leave it leafless. If I repot, will it grow back? Any advice at all? Is it a lost cause? Thanks.

By Anna from CA

Answers

October 5, 2008 Flag

I have a foliage accent palm that is turning brown on me. Any ideas on how to help it recover? We put Miracle Grow on it when we first bought it, but haven't since. It's in the area with enough light, and receives adequate water.

Thiftymomof2 from Pasadena, MD

Answers:

Foliage Accent Palm Turning Brown

You need to mist it every day. There isn't enough humidity to keep the leaves green. I had the same problem. You won't be able to recover the damaged leaves, but you can save the new leaves. (04/15/2007)

By Shellee

Foliage Accent Palm Turning Brown

Could be pot-bound, needing more/better soil/bigger pot. Smell of the soil to see if it smells "sour" or mildewed. If so, it's likely poor drainage. Also check for spider mites, VERY tiny red spiders. Spray tje leaves with Sea Kelp every week and watch it take off. To stop the growth, stop the Sea Kelp. Good luck and God bless you. : ) (06/11/2007)

By Lynda

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Palm Trees
Palm Tree Turning Brown
Home and Garden Gardening Plant HealthApril 22, 2010
Scoop of brown rice. Freezing brown rice.
Freezing Brown Rice
painting accent wall
Accent Wall Paint Color Advice
Palm Trees and Palm Leaves
Making Palm Trees and Palm Leaves
Dogwood tree in spring.
Leaves Turning Brown on Dogwood Tree
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 23, 2017 at 10:03:19 PM on 10.0.1.80 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.