Fresh Vac (Vacuum Food Storage) Reviews

Any opinions pro or con on Fresh Vac? I purchased a set of this storage ware at Target. It is supposed to keep food longer in the fridge because it has a seal that keeps air out. I am trying it at home now.

I purchased it with asparagus and cherries in mind. They cost an arm and a leg and don't last very long after purchasing, considering that the grocery stores here prepackage them in large quantities. It's not unusual for a small bag of cherries to weigh 2 pounds and at $3.99 per pound, that's a lot of waste. Asparagus is usually $2.99 a pound when on sale, and that is another one that won't last too long, either.

Their web site is www.freshvac.com if interested. Target's prices are very reasonable by comparison. They are supposed to be microwavable, but I haven't done that yet.

Holly from Richardson, TX

I use mine for when I buy meat in bulk when theres a good sale. I also use it for our vegetables from our garden. I am not too sure about using it for cherries. I know the suction on those machines are strong and may end up squashing the cherries. Try a small amount first just in case. I also have the piece that goes over the top of a canning jar so it seals it air tight. I also have a set of the plastic canisters I use to keep chips and snacks fresh. You can also seal cereal & chip bags using just the sealer without the suction. I have also learned through experience to freeze softer things (hamburgers, pancakes, french toast) before you try to seal them for obvious reasons. These machines INHO are worth their weight in gold.

Freshvac is like Tupperware. It is not an electric vacuum sealing system.

It's a gimmick. I bought mine at Costco. The Freshvac removes some air from the container, but it's not even close to removing all of it.

Air is removed when the lid is pushed down and air exits a one way valve. The problem is that the lid only flexes about a quarter inch, and you can only pump it two or three times before it is flattened out. If you consider the largest container contains 4.2 Liters (about 5 inches high), the amount of air remaining is (5" - 2*0.25")/5" = 90% or 3.8 Liters.

If I can adapt it to use an external pump, such as the wine vac, I'll keep it. Otherwise, It's going back.

I love mine - purchased at Costco, then went back for 2 more sets. My blueberries and salad greens are STILL fresh, more than 7 days after purchase! Also keep my muffins/danish in them on the counter, and those keep very moist and fresh also.

I must have gotten a bad set as mine keep popping the seals. The service from the company was excellent they mailed out new parts, but I still keep having the same problem.

I absolutely love my fresh vac set! It keeps food (really fruits and vegetables) edible for so much longer than standard tupperware. I would recommend this for anyone!!

I have several sets of Fresh Vac containers and I think they are superior to any other containers I have ever had.

The containers make shopping less often possible. I can see everything I have. If something is about to go, I can use it first. I keep fruits, vegetables, nuts as well as whole wheat flour in the fridge. I keep dry ingredients such as raisins, dried tomatoes, oats, all purpose flour, noodles, etc. in them in my pantry.

I have saved a lot of money, by not having food go bad. I always know what I have.

My only complaint is that Costco has discontinued the large size containers. They now carry a smaller size set.

I am truly spoiled by these containers. The more I use them, the more uses I find for them.

I have been able to keep fresh washed spinach for 3 weeks. I cut off the tips of asparagus ends put a little water in the container, put the lid on and stand it in the fridge. Believe it or not it lasted almost 2 weeks. Without the containers it lasts only a day or two.

Consumer AdviceJune 30, 2006
Frozen Veggies
Storing Vacuum Sealed Food
Vacuum Sealed Corn
Using a Vacuum Sealer
Upclose photo of beige carpet.
Cleaning Carpets Without a Vacuum
Cordless Stick Vacuums
Cordless Stick Vacuums Reviews
🎄
🍂