Fresh Fruit Ideas for a Baby Shower

Does anybody have any ideas for fresh fruit salads or a fresh fruit bouquet for a baby shower?

Rebecca from Harriman, TN

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

For my daughters I did a watermelon cut into the shape of a baby buggy and cut out my grandsons name on the outside of the watermelon with just scoring it into the melon. we knew his name so I used his name but you could easily put on congratulations or any phrase you like. I cut the long watermelon in the shape on a buggy having the carriage hood over one end and I cut all edges of it at a ridged angle to add interest instead of just cutting it plain flat across. You hull out the melon real good, and then place back inside it your tiny cubed melon pieces along with any other fruits you like in chunks like pineapple strawberries, apples etc.

You just barely cut across the bottom of the watermelon so it can sit flat and I placed it on a pretty silver oblong serving tray and for the wheels i cut navel orange slices real thick about 1 inch and put them on with tooth picks inserted. around the watermelon buggy on the silver tray i added some colored mints of course you could leave plain or add vegetables cut up as well. it turned out very pretty. if you do a name or phrase on the side of the melon scored you just print it on a piece of paper using your choice of font and size and cut that out as your stencil, pin it to the melon with push pins, scored around the stencil to get your design, remove your stencil then just barely cut out your melon enough to score down a bit into the melon which will reveal a light green color to show your name or phrase.

I went to a baby shower this summer and my sister in law made wonderful fruit kabobs. She got those wooden skewers and threaded on fresh pineapple, strawberries and something else...perhaps grapes. They looked great and were easy for each guest to pick up a skewer and put on their plate. Also a wonderful grape salad was served. It was the first time I'd ever tasted and was good and unique. I don't have the recipe but I remember it had a cream cheese and brown sugar dressing. Probably you could find a recipe online. I did see it on one of Paula Deen's magazines as well.

Go on edible arrangements.com and look at ideas for "new baby."

I love fruit salad, but it always felt "squishy". My mom showed me how to take the idea, and liven it up some. She mixed real and canned fruit with the syrup in a mixture of 1/2 mayo and 1/2 cool whip. Then, she mixed it with finely shopped lettuce. It was sweet, tangy and crunchy!

Also, you can have apples and caramel dip, and sliced bananas with strawberry jam on them! Yum!

Answer

Food and Recipes Recipes FruitMarch 6, 2009
Baby Shower Cookies
Baby Shower Favor Ideas
Shower Enclosure
Cleaning a Shower Enclosure
Decorations and food on a table at a baby shower.
Baby Shower Ideas
People attending a baby shower.
Saving Money on a Baby Shower
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on May 17, 2016 at 11:56:13 PM on 10.0.1.180 in 454 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.