Does any know how to make peanut chicken?
Joanne from Swoyersville, PA
Thai-ish Chicken with Peanut Sauce
2 pounds boneless chicken breast tenders, frozen
1/3 cup prepared teriyaki sauce
2 tablespoons lemon or lime juice
1 teaspoon red pepper flakes (or 1/2 teaspoon cayenne)
2 garlic cloves -- minced
1 lb broccoli florets, thawed or steamed a little, cut fine
1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
Cooked rice (jasmine, basmati, or another aromatic type is best)
For serving (all optional):
1/2 cup chopped scallions
1/4 cup chopped dry-roasted peanuts
1/4 c. shredded non-sweetened coconut
2 limes -- cut to make 8 to 12 wedges
Coat the slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray. Put the chicken,
teriyaki sauce, juice, pepper, and garlic in the cooker. Cover and
cook on low heat until chicken is tender, about 5 hours.
Remove chicken from the cooker and coarsely chop. Add the peanut
butter to the liquid in cooker, stir well. Put chicken and broccoli
into the sauce and toss.
Serve in shallow bowls over hot rice and sprinkle each serving with
scallions, peanuts, and coconut. Pass lime wedges.
* 2 tablespoons reduced fat peanut butter
* 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
* 2 teaspoons soy sauce
* 1 clove garlic, chopped
* 1/3 teaspoon curry powder
* 1 dash ground cayenne pepper
* 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
1. Preheat grill for high heat.
2. In a bowl, mix the peanut butter, lime juice, soy sauce, garlic, curry powder, and cayenne pepper.
3. Lightly oil the grill grate. Place chicken on grate, and brush with 1/2 the sauce. Grill 6 to 8 minutes. Turn chicken, and brush with remaining sauce. Continue grilling 6 to 8 minutes, until chicken juices run clear.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!